Tuesday 19 August 2008

Weather Better - Heading Home

19th Aug. This is a totally off the cuff effort as I haven't been able to to use my computer for a few days now. Its got a problem most likely related to moisture, but still working with some funny tricks up its sleeve. Anyway, reading between the lines you should deduce that it rained rather a lot up in them thar 'ills.
By the time I reached that famous hill station 4 days ago, I was feeling like death. The never ending rain, which only ceased yesterday, and the constantly enveloping clouds made Shimla a very uncomfortable place to exist in. Everything was getting damper and damper, including the bedding. It was definitely one of the worst periods I have ever had to endure in India.
On the third day I started to get a bit better and decided on an eating day since there was little else to do. You might find it hard to imagine, but I kicked off with a breakfast of sausages, eggs and chips. The restaurant is a few shops from the Domino Pizza emporium. By now my constantly waterlogged feet were just about dissolving, and the computer couldn't put up with it either.
When I left yesterday it was a dry and sunny day, which is also the case here in Delhi today. A far cry from 5 days ago when it was wrapped in a yellowish warm mist and raining hard. Lots of places flooded up the NW at that time.
The trip is all but over now and by tomorrow morning I hope to be in Helsinki and onto Munich. Cheers Derek

No comments: